Thanks,
well I've seen many recorders that relay on getting the builders list in
order to retrieve their result file (for example - getResultFileName).
Especially in large plugins they might have several outcomes of result
files with unique name that's generated during the build.

I understand the design that led for self containment in builders - but in
recorders, I do think that we should be able to look upon the steps so far
so we can record their results more easily by getting the correct paths and
data. (Are their any Jira discussions on this design that I'm missing that
will shed some light?)

I prefer that the recorder won't search the different nodes for the created
files - as it will also have be an issue with multi slave pipelines, a
recorder that set to gather the results and parse them will need to go
through each slave (i.e. every workspace - if it even possible...). So it
leaves us with the choice to combine both steps instead of separating them
as in freestyle build.

Or am I missing something?