I'm trying to write a new pipeline plugin for a build step that is
long-running and prone to network delays and timeouts, so it would appear
that an asynchronous step is the best way to implement this. However, I
have questions about how to implement the StepExecution.start() method to
start this asynchronous step. I can't find a (canonical) example -- does
anyone have a pointer to such? Alternatively, a good development guide that
shows how to implement this type of step?