On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 7:12 AM, Baptiste Mathus <m...@batmat.net> wrote:
> When one is using MRP, a burned release is /just/ running MRP again.
> If a given commit does map to a given release naming with JEP-305, then if
> something goes wrong during "mvn deploy", like say a failure in the middle
> of the physical upload, then I cannot (rightly) retry to override that
> borked binary.
>
> In that case, do I have to create some kind of fake commit to retry, or even
> git commit -m "fake commit to retry release deploy" --allow-empty ?

You could I guess, but it should not be necessary because unlike our
current process for MRP, I am working on server-side deployment.
Rather than `mvn deploy` (which is indeed flaky), it is using
Artifactory REST with `X-Explode-Archive-Atomic`¹:

https://github.com/jglick/incrementals-downstream-publisher/blob/e80393721af3fad30ff0c6c7af4a1c56ef1b0ae2/sample-downstream.groovy#L9

¹BTW Google Image Search gets this all wrong.