I think I will need to work a bit on the "Newcomer" idea, so let's park it
for now.

Just to provide some heads-up, we will be establishing Gitter channels for EDA
Plugins <https://jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2018/eda-plugins/> and Remoting
over Message Queue/Bus
<https://jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2018/remoting-over-message-bus/> GSoC
projects. In both cases they could be SIGs according to the definition in
the beginning:

   - Electronic Design Automation plugins are unlikely interesting to a
   significant part of Jenkins developers, so maybe it makes sense to call it
   a SIG (e.g. "Electronic Design Automation and Hardware") and to move some
   specific discussions there.
   - Me and Martin could be chairs, for example
      - Remoting is already listed as subproject
   <https://jenkins.io/projects/>, and it's more tricky.
   - Remoting is a part of the core, and IMHO it does not make sense to
      keep mailing lists separate.
      - Having a Remoting/Agent-specific **dev** chat could be useful so
      that Remoting maintainers can synchronize with agent plugin maintainers
      (e.g. adopting features like -workDir, etc.)
      - Not sure it qualifies as SIG, feedback would be appreciated

BR, Oleg