On 1/30/20 1:33 PM, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
Le jeu. 30 janv. 2020 à 20:10, Tim Jacomb <timjaco...@gmail.com <mailto:timjaco...@gmail.com>> a écrit :

    +1 on removing it, is there actually going to be anyone using it
    who is updating their Jenkins version? I.e is a plugin needed?

Would it be worth and possible writing a jep-214 Telemetry impl to catch stats about this use? (Though it'd take a big time to be used, once people upgrade to it, but at least we'd have some trend).

It's probably possible to write some Telemetry code to catch usage stats. I'm not sure how useful the data would be. It could tell us who has enabled the features. And probably servers where the service is probed. It would be harder to tell if they're providing useful value.

I question whether it's worthwhile. If we get some positive response for the capability that would better support a need for the Telemetry. Maybe.

Jeff