On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 3:35 AM Amit Dar <dar.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a heavy Swarm Plugin user, I can say we don't use the discovery feature of
> the plugin, but rather direct the client to a specific master. This is due
> the fact we have several Jenkins masters in the same network (for testing
> purposes, mainly). I think the usage of the auto discovery feature is
> something people use only if they have a single instance of the master in
> their network, and this might be true only when using jenkins in a
> "dockerized" network.

Agreed on this regard. I used to use the multicast discovery feature
of Hazelcast long ago when we had only one cluster, but once we added
another cluster that was logically a different environment but still
accessible within the same network, this caused numerous configuration
issues and mixing of caches and other nonsense. I highly suggest
leaving UDP multicast to be used only for video streaming or the other
goals it was originally designed for.

--
Matt Sicker
Senior Software Engineer, CloudBees