On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 1:19 PM James Nord <jamestn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jenkins server is ambiguous it has as many minus votes as I can put
> (limited to one)
>
> login to the Jenkins server and run service start Jenkins.....

Wouldn't that be better phrased as "login to Linux and run `systemctl start
jenkins`" or "login to Windows and run `sc start Jenkins`"?  In this case,
the focus of "login" is the operating system, not Jenkins.

> login to the Jenkins server and create a new job

Wouldn't that be better phrased as "login to Jenkins and create a new
job"?  In this case, the focus of "login" is Jenkins and not the operating
system.

> whatever we choose it can not be confused with the host/is/server/machine
> that the is process runs in.

I'm not sure of a term that does not risk confusion with the
host/machine/environment where the process runs.  We already need to be
clear in our phrasing today to assure that readers know whether the action
should be applied to the host operating system (your first example) or the
Jenkins process (your second example).