On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 11:35 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.nenas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks to Raihaan for stepping up as the release lead for 2.289.1!
> So far the changes look good. We might have a few extra backports to do
> before the deadline, and everyone is welcome to expedite potential
> backports into the tomorrow's weekly.
>
> I wonder whether we should also create a Remoting 4.8 backport this time:
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/remoting/releases/tag/remoting-4.8
> There are 2 bugfixes which seem important though we could also just embed
> 4.8 into the LTS line. THere is one performance RFE and one minor feature
> added, so just backporting the version looks safe enough

Which bug fixes specifically would you consider important enough to
backport this early, creating a risk of regressions? Are they regression
fixes?

The exact timeline and interaction between changes is unclear to me, but
IIUC, a "late backport" created half of the mess with 2.277.x.

Folks who want the latest & greatest features and non-critical bug fixes
can always choose the weekly release line; LTS is for stability. As long as
each line isn't worse than the one before (~regressions), we shouldn't try
to force unproven changes into it last minute.