Hello everyone,

I've spent some time lately on looking at the pull-requests on
jenkinsci/jenkins repository. For some old, inactive pull-requests I've
pinged the authors and for some, added the proposed-for-close label.

However, the label description nor any prior discussion on the mailing-list
are mentioning our policy about this (proposed-for-close) label. And I'd
like to offer one: I'd like, as for the ready-for-merge label, to introduce
a period of time, after which with no response from the author, we close
the pull-request. I was thinking about 72 or 96hr.

This might seem a bit harsh, but my idea is to try to keep the
pull-requests list healthy. And when we have no consensus on the PR or no
response from the authors, it's healthier to close the pull-request. The
work done is not lost, the PR can be reopen later when the author is more
available to attend to it.

Also, in case the authors respond, we can simply put the label stalled (for
others to take over the PR). We could also put the PR back into draft, but
all members have enough permission to do that on others pull-requests, but
we could use the work-in-progress. Of course, after another period of time,
with no more activities, we should close the PR anyway.

Also, there is no mention of those labels, what they means and how we use
it on our contribution guide [1]. Should we add a mention of those label on
it?

-- Adrien

[1]: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md