We haven't had this OutOfMemoryError now for 3 weeks running Jenkins.

We did four things.
1) Reduced master executors from 15 to 4
2) Reduced some job steps running on "master" and instead use a build agent
for these steps. We still have one stage/step that needs to run on master.
3 Configured many of our build agents to be offline and come online on
demand
4 Upgraded our Jenkins server: The old server was running SLES12. We Set up
a new VM with SLES15, and copied JENKINS_HOME over to this new server.