I check and with ActiveDirectoryAuthenticationProvider the email address
appears.  It is in ActiveDirectoryMailAddressResolverImpl where the email
is null.

I suspect that the issue is in the method updateUserInfo in
ActiveDirectoryUserDetail.  I will try to debug it.  It took quite a while
to set this up.  I had to copy my plugins directory into the dev jenkins
instance.  Will report back.  Maybe someone with active directory jenkins
plugin knowledge can chime in.