Ernest, I have a rule similar to the following:
(defrule xyz
 (Processor (owner ?owner&~nil) (complete TRUE))
=>
 (?owner someMethod arg1 arg2)
) The Processor object has a thread that updates it's own state, e.g. complete slot and owner slot. Is it possible for this rule to file and have the ?owner variable change between when the rule activates, then fires such that the ?owner variable will be bound to null/nil? This appears to be the case in our system (Jess 6.x) and I am getting an exception because ?owner is nil when the RHS calls someMethod. Thanks. alan