Wow! Thanks so much Dennis. This is just what I was looking for. I looked all 
over for troubleshooting Thunderbird and Firefox with jaws.

Sincerely.
Bob


Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 6:33 AM, Dennis via Jfw <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> follow these steps and yu will have the jaws curcer back again.
> main region
> Technical Support - Detail
> Question
> What can I do if little or no text is read using the JAWS Cursor in 
> Thunderbird and Firefox?
> 
> Answer
> On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Firefox and Thunderbird both use Direct2D 
> rendering    by default. This prevents the JAWS cursor from detecting 
> information.
> Fortunately    it is easy to disable this rendering. You need to do it once 
> for each version    of Firefox and Thunderbird you use on your system. To do
> this you need to set    two configuration variables to true: 
> gfx.direct2d.disabled, and layers.acceleration.disabled.
> 
> 1. Open the Configuration Editor. In Firefox, enter about:config in the 
> address      bar. In Thunderbird, go to the Tools menu and navigate to 
> Options,
> Advanced,      General, then Config Editor.
> 
> 2. Once in the Configuration editor, press TAB until you are in the list of   
>    options.
> 
> 3. Pressing UP or DOWN ARROW will move you between options or typing the 
> first      few letters of an option's name will move you to a specific option
> in the      list. In this case, type gfx and press DOWN ARROW to 
> gfx.direct2d.disabled.
> 
> 4. Assuming the option is set to false, press the APPLICATIONS KEY to open    
>   the context menu and choose Toggle. This will change the option to true.
> 
> 5. Go through the same process for layers.acceleration.disabled.
> 
> 6. Close the Configuration Editor and restart Firefox or Thunderbird. The 
> JAWS      cursor should now show content.
> 
>> On 1/20/2015 10:40 PM, john.falter via Jfw wrote:
>> Hi Brad:
>> With JAWS15 and Thunderbird 31.4 the pc cursor seems to work properly, but I 
>> get nothing from the JAWS cursor.
>> 
>>> On 1/20/2015 9:35 PM, Brad Martin via Jfw wrote:
>>> I've been running Thunderbird 24.6.0 at home for a long time now, and when 
>>> Thunderbird asks me to upgrade, I politely decline because of fear of the 
>>> unknown. Today at work, I installed Thunderbird 31.4.0, and I'm having some 
>>> problems.  But I'm not sure if I need to turn something off to make it read 
>>> nicely with JAWS, or if it's just a new "feature" of Thunderbird 31. Is 
>>> anybody having problems navigating the new Thunderbird versions? On a side 
>>> note, I'm having some issues using automated batch files to compose 
>>> messages in Thunderbird 31, and I'm not sure if this is related to JAWS or 
>>> not. That is, I can't tell if text just isn't being read to me, or if it 
>>> really isn't there.  So in short, is Thunderbird 31 funky with JAWS 15, or 
>>> is it me?
>>> 
>>> Thanks,
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ---
>> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus 
>> protection is active.
>> http://www.avast.com
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: 
>> <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20150120/245e6297/attachment.html>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Jfw mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
>> .
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Jfw mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

Reply via email to