> From: Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
> Have you looked at the changes in this area in JDK 9, specifically the
> changes on how protocol handlers are located and the new URL stream
> handler service-provider type URLStreamHandlerProvider?
> -Alan

Thanks for the pointer Alan.  I'll have a look.  Is there any additional
documentation on this besides the javadoc?  At first glance it is unclear
to me what discovers the providers?  Is the the URL class itself based on
the thread context class loader?  How do providers interact with the
statically set factory.  I also don't see a provider SPI type for