On 02/03/2015 03:12 PM, Eric Martz wrote:
> Hi, Gabriel,
>
> The JSmol menu has never worked in FirstGlance. I have never had a clue
> why it does not work. I have asked on this list several times but
> received no insights. When I need to use the menu, I change to Java mode.
>
> I hope someone can give us an idea. I have wondered if it is opening but
> 100% out of view. When you right click to open it, there is a pause and
> you can see that the browser is probably getting the menu code from the
> server, but no menu appears.
>
> http://firstglance.jmol.org

If I look at the page with the 'Firefox Inspector' the beginning of the
HTML code for the menu looks like this after doing a right-click to open
the popup menu:

<ul id="jmolApplet0_Frank_top_783" class="jmolPopupMenu"></ul>
<ul id="jmolApplet0_popupMenu_top_1" class="jmolPopupMenu" style="top:
43px; left: 552px;"

After selecting the second '<ul>' element in the 'Inspector' the CSS
information (see below) shows that it has a 'display: none' style
property. This prevents the visibility. The question would be, why it is
not changed to 'display: block'?
The latest 'Firefox Inspector' offers also an option to look at the
Javascript attached to events at a specific element. Bu you should use
the uncompressed Version 'JSmol.js' instead of 'JSmol.min.js' to debug this.

If I deactivate 'display:none', the menu becomes visible, but the styles
are not applied as usual.