Ian Dees wrote:
Hi JOSM Devs,

I'd like to implement a feature in JOSM that applies the tags from the
clipboard to every new way or node created. I think this would be useful for
creating powerlines (apply power=tower to every new node in the way) or for
a set of buildings along a street (addr:street=* to every new building).

Does anyone have any ideas for how the interface for this might work? Maybe
a menu with toggles in it?

We had one suggestion by a user that goes slightly in this direction: On the main map you would have a certain area ("clipboard").

You could copy or drag objects onto this area, the important idea is, that it stays fixed regardless how you scroll or zoom the map.

In combination with Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Shift-V (paste tags) you would have easy access to often used tags and geometries. Maybe there would be a way to mark objects in the clipboard as "auto apply", i.e. all it's tags are "sticky tags".

Sebastian