Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> writes:

> Frederik Ramm writes:
>  > > I'd like to implement a feature in JOSM that applies the tags from the
>  > > clipboard to every new way or node created. I think this would be
>  > > useful for creating powerlines (apply power=tower to every new node
>  > > in the way) or for a set of buildings along a street (addr:street=*
>  > > to every new building).
>  >
>  > A graphics program i used to use, maybe it was dia?, worked like this:
>  > whenever an object was selected and you changed properties, you were
>  > changing the properties of that object. When no object was selected,
>  > you were changing the default properties for new objects.
>
> Oooh!  Ooooh!  Much simpler than my Presets proposal. Only problem is
> that it might confuse newbies. Maybe put it in a different color or
> font to let them know that they're setting a different kind of
> property?

JOSM already has a command "Paste Tags" (Ctrl+Shift-v) where it adds the
tags of a copied object to all currently selected objects.  That key
stroke is a bit of a stretch to do with one hand.  But, if you assign a
single key to this command I guess this might get you pretty far to what
you want to do.  Then, you can simply draw with one hand and hit the
keyboard with the other.

Matthias