Hi there,

JOSM is one of the best mapping tools with topological support.
In comparism to widely spread CAD software, like Microstation,
it's reduced to the needs of a mapper. Missing features, like
mapping bank/slops can easily be added by external python scripts.

My clients often ask whether JOSM can be used for non-OSM data or
mapped data strictly has to be release under ODbL (or similar).

If there are such terms and conditions, would it be possible to
use OSM for commercial mapping when donating to the OSM foundation
or JOSM developers? I know many people, who would pay a fee for
using JOSM, since it's exactly what they need to simplify daily
work and raise productivity.

Best regards,
Tobias