Hello,
I rely on the ordering too.

This is a prerequisite to provide readable patches to boundaries.osm, see:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/14833
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/15036

The other prerequisite is to keep stable ids. I have a working patch in
#14833 but not yet submitted as I must test it extensively before changing
this crucial part of JOSM.