On 2019-01-07 16:46, Florian Lohoff wrote:
Hola Maarten

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 08:11:20AM +0100, Maarten Deen wrote:
I have seen this also and have filed a bug for it in the past, but that got
closed because it was not reproducible.

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/16403

Circumstances to create it included fast succession of entering keys, like what Florian is describing. At a certain point I could not type new text but
I could change existing keys.
But I have not experienced this in some time now. I'm normally using the
webstart JOSM with usually last version of JAVA on Windows 7.

Look at https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/13160

For me its dead simple to reproduce ... Still exists in current josm
with openjdk 8 and 11. I am on Linux but others have reported the
Problem on Windows.

I concur.

First time I tried it took a while and I just held down ENTER then after 10-15 times it stopped. I could still exit JOSM Second time it took only 2 times and even the menu bar was unresponsive and I could not exit JOSM.
Both scenario's seem to occur randomly.

I also notice that briefly after you press ENTER (which runs the add function) the focus switches to the edit button. No idea if that has something to do with it.

Regards,
Maarten