Ok there is some progress...

I manage to get the error in Firefox too !

How can I do that ? Let me explain everything :

In IE :
The error shows up when I try to login AND when the login is
successful (but strangely, it still occurs in the login.php page
instead of main.php)

In FF :
The errors shows up directly in the login.php page when I hit F5 twice
quickly, but it never happens when I hit F5 just once, or when I
successfully log in. In that case (successful login) nobody (in FF)
yells an error (Firebug or WebDeveloper). When I have the error (the
F5 twice thing), the error shows up only in Firebug.
Unfortunately, the stack trace does not allow me to detect the
"previous JS error thing", as all the functions logged in the stack
trace are in jQuery.

Here is the log :
[code]
document.body is null
? in jquery-1.3.2.min...@3200()jquery-1....2.min.js (ligne 3204)
? in jquery-1.3.2.min...@3031()jquery-1....2.min.js (ligne 3032)
? in jquery-1.3.2.min...@671()jquery-1....2.min.js (ligne 692)
? in jquery-1.3.2.min...@3022()jquery-1....2.min.js (ligne 3031)
? in jquery-1.3.2.min...@3054()jquery-1....2.min.js (ligne 3056)
[Break on this error] document.body.appendChild( div );
[/code]

When I try to put on purpose a buggy line in the first (last called,
actually ?!) line of the stack trace, in order to maybe see what line
of my code is buggy, I am out of luck as the new stack trace points
only to jquery-3.2.js lines.

Please... Help... I am stuck now, as it is a professionnal application
and I can't commit anything as long as it does not work in IE6...

Thank you all,

Lideln