I'm having a massive headache with this, please help!!

I have a number of divs, each containing an image that launches a lightbox
gallery. A text description is also within the div and underneath each image
describing what's going on (I don't want it as part of the gallery), but it
doesn't contain a link to the lightbox.

Each div (and everything in it) is needed to be the button that launches the
lightbox (ie, clicking the image or the text launches the gallery). How do I
do this? Getting each unique href and rel values (using
.find("a").attr("href").attr("rel")) for each link seems pretty straight
forward but I don't know what to do with them when I've got them!

Any help is much appreciated.