It is currently. Martin told me the SVN repo on SourceForge is no longer
taking commits. I've cloned the code from there in my own public SVN repo
hosted on Assembla.

I've attempted to reach out to the LocationTech folks on the mailing list
and directly, but I still haven't heard anything back. I'd much prefer that
we get our improvements into the main LocationTech source code repo once
they are approved...but I need some response from the other end of the
line. :]

I'm not trying to create a fork, but it doesn't look like there have been
any contributions to the Git repo for JTS at LocationTech since the initial
import, and I don't want JTS to languish. If you've got connections at the
LocationTech organization, perhaps you can put me in touch with the right
people. I'm willing to jump through some hoops to get our improvements
approved, and that is why I wanted to start with non-controversial changes
like updating unit tests and improving javadoc.

I hope that makes sense. I think I'll need the separate SVN repo down the
road so we can play with some bigger changes like adding support for
circular arcs and refactoring the Geometry class into an interface. But I
can also keep anything really radical in my JTSWarped code base:
https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/surveyos-main-code-repo/trunk/main/jts-warped/src

I want to be a good team player. :]

Landon