Just a few things...

Very smart code completion (no refreshing the database like Netbeans) and
autofixes.  If you have used VAJ, it's just the same.

Incremental compilation - at save, the class is compiled.  You can see all
errors in a project in the task view.  No more edit/compile/debug cycle.
Once again very VAJ-like.  This is a big one for me.

Very nice integrated debugging.  Breakpoint, watches, etc.  Several plug-ins
to do debugging within ejb/web containers are now out there (some free).

Very good refactoring support.  Rename class, pull up method, drag a class
into a new package, and more.

Really nice Junit and ant integration.

Plug-ins are starting to really show up now
(http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/).  Good ones - slime (basic uml from code),
All the News (website headlines in a small window), easie + lomboz (two free
app server integration plug-ins), x-parrots telnet and more.  Soon it's
going to be the Emacs of java ides :).

Really until you've used it for a while and really played with some of the
features, you won't be able to get a good opinion.