Hi,
May I add two tips that can help

1. When you use the python template, the charmhelpers package download
   and use is done for you, but it then prevents your script to be run
   with as a simple python script since usually
   /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages is not a default.

 * Default path under juju is:

   sys.path= ['/var/lib/juju/agents/unit-kimchi-0/charm/hooks',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-powerpc64le-linux-gnu',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
   '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages',
   '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PILcompat']

 * log() functions found in hookenv.py is not available and will raise
   an error.

1. if you run under "local" environment and your LXC machine get
   unexpected network errors try to disable IPv6 on main host.

That's all for now

Thierry