Hi,

I've been working on an R project as part of a PhD project for a long time
and so have only recently returned to take a look at the Phylogenetics.jl
package I started to create a while ago. Reading the documentation on
packages I see what look to me like changes, like publishing checking out
branches and such all from within Julia, this is somewhat different to the
set up I have: I had a repository on github and on my macbook in a folder
on my desktop, and this was the actual repo and when I used julia and
tested the package this folder was ln -s into the .julia folder, and my
METADATA was similarly linked into .julia. I then made commits to these
with the github gui for osx and just pushed changes and switched branches
as I needed. Is this kind of arrangement still acceptable or is there a
better way of updating your package and working with updating METADATA now?
Just think maybe I need to change my setup to avoid problems.

Thanks,
Ben.