Some notes

I think a gist might be better and then we can annotate and stuff in place.
 Google groups is just a mailing
list and is bad for extended debugging info don't worry about it too much
just a suggestion.

1)

 jl_value_t * ret = jl_call2(func, argument, argument2);
sol =  jl_unbox_float64(ret);

this is ok for this example and testing and the fact you are very confident
it wont fail, but in general you always
want to follow this up with

jl_value_t *ex = jl_exception_occurred();
because something could go wrong and then all bets are off.

2)
CFLAGS = -fPIC -Wall -g -Wl,-rpath,/home/kostav/julia/usr/lib

-Wl,-rpath,/home/kostav/julia/usr/lib    <---  Strictly speaking these are
flags for the linker they might be being applied incorrectly here

3)

#include("/home/kostav/julia/src/julia.h")
cxxinclude("ArrayMaker.h")
maker = @cxxnew ArrayMaker()

Ooh, I don't know about that.  Because you are starting julia, and then
using Cxx to create ArrayMaker which starts
embedded Julia and so you have Julia running inside Julia, I feel that's a
little too crazy for Julia in its current state
to handle.  Perhaps that explains the "never returns" behavior.

4)

Did you see my comments at the end of the previous thread.  I see you're
using Cxx here
and I think that has some requirements on using the source tree since it
needs access a
bunch of LLVM libs not normally distributed, and probably some other things
as well.

I wonder if those things could be copied into the distribution tree
manually for this and it would
end up helping?