On Monday, October 5, 2015 at 11:28:30 AM UTC-4, Marcio Sales wrote:

> That's a bummer. IJulia doesn't have the problems of the other editors.
> For example, Juno is not working with 0.4, Emacs is tough to install on
> windows and I think is having problems with 0.4 as well. Atom works, but in
> my experience it has problems displaying help text (text lines extend to
> out of the screen) and you can't copy printed outputs. Of course you can
> still work with these problems but they make you take more time.
> All of this work well in IJulia.
>
> What editors are you guys using? Do you have any of these problems?

Basically, I use IJulia for interactive exploration, prototyping, and
course notes or research notes.  But for developing larger packages, I use
an editor (I use Emacs, but tastes vary) and either import the files into
IJulia to explore interactively or go the other direction (prototype a
function in in IJulia, then paste it into my file once it is working).

Atom looks promising, though I haven't really used it.  In addition to the
Julia-language plugin for Atom
(https://github.com/JuliaLang/atom-language-julia) and the Juno-like Julia
client for Atom (https://github.com/JunoLab/atom-julia-client), there is
also a general plugin called Hydrogen that allows you to send code to an
arbitrary Jupyter kernel from Atom:

https://atom.io/packages/hydrogen