The string unification is already in julia-0.5.

There are functions called String(), Int(), and Float64(). In some cases there
are lowercase variants, and these often "do more" (e.g., `float` will parse a
string and return an AbstractFloat). The uppercase versions are the minimalist
type-conversion forms.

Int isn't an alias for Int64: it's an alias for either Int32 or Int64,
depending on whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit computer. There's no
analogous issue for Float32/Float64 (these are not CPU-dependent types), which
is why Float won't become an alias for one of them.

So I think your list is as done as it's going to get :-).

--Tim