Good point, Michael, I should have mentioned the GeoTools Feature model
as a possible direction as well.  Definitely it would be a good thing to
evolve in their direction.

I'm not sure how stable or baked the GT Feature model design is, but as
it happens I sit right next to one of the chief GT architects (Jody
Garnett) so I will ask him!  8^)

Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect
Refractions Research, Inc.