G'day Stefan,
> 2) I had a go with the newer geotools code (Edgar uses older libs) about
> a year a go but stuck with some problems (the example provided at the
> webpage did not run, since they changed some thing.. i think we talked
> about that issue). Since that time i had no time to try again.

was there a reason to switch to newer libs? eg. something in the old
libs did not work?

> 3) the internal JUMP projection stuff is nice but very limited. the
> problem - if we go further with that and not use geotools - is that we
> would need to reinvent the weel.

true .. still maybe the jump code can be modified to use geotools.. but
I admit that I just had a really short look at the code weeks ago..
probably a simple conversion of geometries is as simple and enough for
users these days .. future might proof otherwise
> 4) how to do: for simplicity i would recommend to have a layer-menu item
>    that allows you to reproject the data - for a first version (using
> the EPSG codes). In and out coordsystems have to be provided!
> Transformed data could be put to a new layer?

A textfile containing WKT-String for common proj/cs would be helpful..
can somebody provide these?
> 5) from my point of view we do *not need* to hurry with implementing it
> because a) Edgars plugin works for the wector data (as far as i know)...

true ... no need for hurry.. but still I think it's time to make a beta
out of the alpha version :) ..

regards ede

> but a offer from Jody to help is of course nice offer
>
> stefan
>
> PS: as sunburned realized.. he has a lot of projects.. so i would also
> rather recommend to reschedule the projection project at an unknown date
>
> Edgar Soldin schrieb:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> are there known bugs or problems, which prevent cts extension from
>> running in openjump? Are there requirements?
>> Not sure but maybe I could spend a weekend these days...
>>
>> regards ede
>> --
>>
>>> Jody has offered to help if there is interest in prefecting/fixing the
>>> code that Edgar wrote for Coordinate Projection using the GeoTools
>>> library.
>>>
>>> I'd take this on myself but I have already made a lot of other commitments.
>>>
>>> If we have any takers I will let Jody know. This sounds like a great
>>> opportunity to get projection support into OpenJUMP.
>>>
>>> SS

public class WhoDidIt{ // A comment. I love comments
  private static Person sender;

  public static void main (String[] foo){

  sender = new Person();
  sender.setName(new String[]{"Edgar", "Soldin"});

  Address address = new Address();
  address.setStreet("Stadtweg 119");
  address.setZip(39116);
  address.setCity("Magdeburg");
  address.setCountry("Germany");

  sender.setAddress(address);

  sender.setMobilePhone(" +49(0)171-2782880 ");
  sender.setWebSiteUrl(" http://www.soldin.de ");
  sender.setEmail(" [EMAIL PROTECTED] ");
  sender.setPGPPublicKey(" http://www.soldin.de/edgar_soldin.asc ");
  sender.setGender(true);