Hi SS,

  I think bug fixing should be done in the trunk so that you get feedback as
soon as possible.

  Can you be more specific about utility code consolidation?  Branching the
code isn't really going to help us evaluate your changes.  If they aren't
too controversial, I'd rather they be done in the trunk too.  I'm certainly
responsible for some duplicate utility code inherited from SkyJUMP.

  What kind of unit tests - Junit?  Which version?  Sounds reasonable in
general, although it may be a case of "closing the stable door after the
horse has run away." "Tilting at windmills" and all that...  :-)

  You may know that there are some Junit tests from the original JUMP
already for:

AbstractPlugInTestCase.java
AffineTransformTestCase.java
AllTestCases.java
AngleTestCase.java
AttributeMappingTestCase.java
AttributeTypeTestCase.java
CollectionUtilTestCase.java
CoordinateArraysTestCase.java
EnvelopeIntersectorTestCase.java
FeatureCollectionMetaDataTestCase.java
FeatureTestCase.java
FlexibleDateParserTestCase.java
GMLWriterTestCase.java
GUIUtilTestCase.java
InteriorPointFinderTestCase.java
OverlayEngineTestCase.java
PanelTestCase.java
RangeTestCase.java
ShapeCollectionPathIteratorTestCase.java
SimpleGMLReaderTestCase.java
SplitLineStringToolTestCase.java
StringUtilTestCase.java
TestUtil.java