Hi,
> Thanks for offering to help with Nacho's bug. I think the first step
> would be modifying the code to report the FID of the problem feature
> in the exception message. At least, that is what I was going to try.
> You might have a short cut to the problem.

Here is what I've done for UnionByAttribute PlugIn

Currently, it was not exactly a bug but a problem with invalid input
geometries.
Nacho's input geometries could have been fixed by a pre-processing step
(it was just 0 length LineString),
but I didn't do it, because it cannot be a general solution.
Instead, I added a warning and still processed valid geometries

*Invalid geometries have been excluded !*

and detailed output messages

Tell me if you thing this behaviour can be improved

Michaël