Ede wrote: "It helps if a functionality is only available at one point
in the UI to avoid confusion."

I agree %100. One of the things that makes AutoCAD so difficult to
learn is there's always at least 4 ways to do the same thing.

Ede wrote: "I'd suggest to take this issue as a reason to cleanup and
reorder the context menu.
- Look for doubled entries and decide to put them only in Layer or context menu.
- Group similar items together (e.g. editable, selectable, viewable)
- separate different groups by lines to enhance usablity (less
groups=less lines)"

I agree %100 again.

Ede wrote: "Anybody willing to make a list of items on all layer
specific menus (main menu layer, layer context, viewport/map context)?
Once we have it, we could try to reorder on "paper" and see if we find
some senseful solution, that is intuitively understandable to even
beginner users."

I'm willing to work on this UI reorganization after I get done with
the vertex styling bug. (Unless some eager beaver wants to beat me to
it.) This will probably be near the end of the year. I can present a
list of possible reorganized menu items at that time.

I'll be working on my personal task list for OJ in the next few days,
so I can add this at that point if someone else hasn't claimed it.

The Sunburned Surveyor