Any code released after 1/28/09 has this issue fixed ... mike
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Brad Fleming <[email protected]> wrote: > I think it depends how the vulnerability is discovered. If its discovered > by groups that are likely to exploit the issue, I'd prefer Juniper tell me > NOW. If it is discovered internally by Juniper technicians (or in a trusted > customer lab), I'm OK with Juniper fixing the issue and releasing details 6 > months later. > > I suppose severity of the exploit is another sliding metric for whether I > want to know immediately or not. > > -brad > > > On Jan 7, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Darrell Root wrote: > > >> Anyone know why some issues identified as early as January 2009 are only >>> being "released" now almost a year later? Just curious on some of these >>> security alerts and timeframe... >>> >> >> If Juniper finds a security DDOS vulnerability, and it's not general >> knowledge, >> I'd prefer them to integrate the fix into their code without an >> announcement. That way, >> by the time the hackers find out about the vulnerability, the fix may have >> already been >> deployed to many of our affected routers. >> >> In this case that saved me a crash upgrade project. By the time it was >> announced >> I already had the fixed code on my JunOS boxes. >> >> Darrell >> > _______________________________________________ > juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp > _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

