How can that be the case when 10.x was released after 1/09 and it's on the list of affected junos versions?
Sent from my iPhone On Jan 7, 2010, at 11:24 AM, "harbor235" <[email protected]> wrote: > Any code released after 1/28/09 has this issue fixed ... > > mike > > On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Brad Fleming <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> I think it depends how the vulnerability is discovered. If its >> discovered >> by groups that are likely to exploit the issue, I'd prefer Juniper >> tell me >> NOW. If it is discovered internally by Juniper technicians (or in a >> trusted >> customer lab), I'm OK with Juniper fixing the issue and releasing >> details 6 >> months later. >> >> I suppose severity of the exploit is another sliding metric for >> whether I >> want to know immediately or not. >> >> -brad >> >> >> On Jan 7, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Darrell Root wrote: >> >> >>> Anyone know why some issues identified as early as January 2009 >>> are only >>>> being "released" now almost a year later? Just curious on some >>>> of these >>>> security alerts and timeframe... >>>> >>> >>> If Juniper finds a security DDOS vulnerability, and it's not general >>> knowledge, >>> I'd prefer them to integrate the fix into their code without an >>> announcement. That way, >>> by the time the hackers find out about the vulnerability, the fix >>> may have >>> already been >>> deployed to many of our affected routers. >>> >>> In this case that saved me a crash upgrade project. By the time >>> it was >>> announced >>> I already had the fixed code on my JunOS boxes. >>> >>> Darrell >>> >> _______________________________________________ >> juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp >> > _______________________________________________ > juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

