On 01. feb. 2018 14:04, Martin T wrote:

Hi!

"version" statement in SLAX script is mandatory and argument for
version statement has to be either 1.0 or 1.1. Based on my testing,
1.2 works as well for example in Junos 16.1R2.11. However, is there
any difference between "version 1.0" and "version 1.1"? For example,
in Junos 16.1R2.11 one could define "version 1.0" and still use
functionality introduced in SLAX 1.1 like mutable variables or for
loops. How is "version" statement used by cscript/mgd?

I can not say with 100% certainity, but I guess the point is the other way around. If you set "Version 1.1", you basically tell other people that "Do not expect this to work on earlier versions than 1.1".

But my guess is that it is not "enforced" by the scripting engine, so the script _might_ work.  You as a script writer just can not guarantee it.

/Ola (T)