My phone (Galaxy S3) recently received an OTA system update from 4.1.2 to 4.3. 
The last time I had an OTA push (on a Fascinate = Galaxy S "1"), my phone 
bricked and I had to do a factory reset. This time, knowing that some older 
apps I have might not play nice with the new system, I did a full backup using 
Reware MyBackup Pro and then uninstalled almost every app. K-9 was one that I 
uninstalled. The thought was to reinstall and let the app figure out how to 
integrate with the new system, vice trying to change a current install to the 
new system. Might have been overkill - but unbricking my Fascinate four times 
made me gun shy!!

Anyways -- after the update (which went without any problems - of course!!), I 
reinstalled all my apps. After reinstalling K-9, I can't download any previous 
emails. Yes, they are all still on the server  (this is a POP3 account linked 
to my web site). I tested both outgoing and incoming emails and everything is 
good there.

Is there a backup to my SD card of my previous emails that I can import? Is 
there a way I can import my emails from my server store back onto my phone? Can 
I back up K-9 to my card so this doesn't happen again?

Thanks for the assist.
Ed

(PS - K-9 is  great app. This situation is all my fault. I should have asked 
some questions *before* doing anything!)

-- 
-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the K-9 Mail Users List.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, email [email protected]
To report an issue with K-9 Mail, visit 
http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/k-9-mail

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "K-9 
Mail" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to