I just discovered Kaboodle yesterday and excitedly installed it on my home computer, my work computer and my laptop.  I registered three different email addresses (on for each PC), and I created partnerships for each combination.  And I added the demo proxy to Kaboodle in each computer.  I also set up port forwarding on my home router for ports 4182, 4183, and 11965 (being a novice at TCP/IP stuff I can’t be certain I did this part correctly, though).  And I verified that Zebedee was running.

But so far I’ve only been able to make a connection from my home PC to my laptop – not the connection I really care about.  And even that connection may not have been a good test since both PCs were on the same network at the time.  What I really want to do is connect from my laptop to my computer at home, or from my work computer to my home computer.  But trying to connect I always get a message along the lines of “Sorry…your GetEngaged partner xxxx could not be connected with via any of your KaboodleProxy connections.”

Is the problem my firewall settings, or should the demo proxy allow connections beyond a firewall? I’d gladly purchase the $25 software that allows connecting behind a firewall, but only if I’m fairly certain that it will fix my current problem.  And are there any other things I could play with to fix the problem?

- Ted Barham