https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=526080

--- Comment #2 from Adenio <[email protected]> ---
Alright, let me try to rephrase this. 
(Note: just for clarification, the AI didn't make anything up; it only added
more technical details).

When trying to create text over an image, the Krita 5.3.4 text engine failed to
work. 
I tried clicking on a vector layer and also dragging with the text tool, but
even though I was using a solid color, the text did not appear on the screen,
leaving only the glyph visible. 
Adjusting the settings inside the text properties didn't help either.I tried
converting the layer to an image (Convert to Paint Layer), but nothing
appeared. 
When I tried to select the converted layer using the Transform Tool, a message
popped up explaining that the layer is empty.

I am using a MacBook Air M5 running macOS Golden Gate.

Steps to Reproduce:
1 - In Krita 5.3.4, create a new document using the standard sRGB profile
(8-bit integer).
2 - Select the Text Tool (T), then click and drag to create a bounding box on
the canvas.
3 - Type any text (e.g., "Test").

Actual Result:
The text does not appear. Only the glyph is visible.
When switching to the Edit Shapes Tool, the glyph turns red, looking as if the
handles are completely collapsed around it, making it impossible to resize or
make any adjustments.
I tried toggling the Canvas Graphics Acceleration (OpenGL) options on and off,
but got the same result. 
The option to switch to Metal (native to the OS) does not appear at all; only
OpenGL is available.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching all bug changes.

Reply via email to