https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=376058
TraceyC <[email protected]> changed: What |Removed |Added ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CC| |[email protected] --- Comment #14 from TraceyC <[email protected]> --- Comments from the duplicate report. I'm including them here because this describes an undesirable side-effect with being locked out at the login screen === DESCRIPTION After switching my keyboard layout from QWERTY to Colemak yesterday, I spent essentially the entire day forcing myself to stop relying on QWERTY muscle memory and start learning Colemak. This morning I restarted my computer and discovered that KDE had silently reset the keyboard layout at the login screen. This was incredibly frustrating because the login screen gives no feedback for diagnosing what is happening. My password was suddenly being rejected, but there was no indication that the keyboard layout had changed, no way to see what I was actually typing, no indication of the keyboard-layout-switch shortcut, and no Colemak layout available in the keyboard layout list. This was made worse by the fact KDE by default locks your account after 3 attempts even though I never asked it to and I don't want it to do this without actually telling you it does this and there is no way to control this in the settings. STEPS TO REPRODUCE 1. add us colemak keyboard layout 2. restart PC (I force restarted it by holding down the power button) 3. try to log in OBSERVED RESULT * keyboard has reverted to qwerty * keyboard dropdown says "us" but does not say "colemak" or "qwerty" anywhere * no option to change back to colemak * no way to see keyboard output to determine keyboard layout * account is locked after 3 attempts for 10 minutes but does not tell you this (discovered from doing ctrl + alt + f3 to be able to see keyboard output which I should not have o do) EXPECTED RESULT * restarting pc should not change keyboard layout * should be able to choose between the keyboards I actually have installed * toggle to see password as I type * actually tell me if you locked my account === -- You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.
