kossebau added a comment.

  Any chance for a simple unit test to check the generation does what is
expected (or catches bad input)? :)

INLINE COMMENTS

> ECMGenerateDBusServiceFile.cmake:22
> +# are to be installed in the same directory as the D-Bus daemon. On other
> platforms
> +# ``<executable>`` must be an absolute path to the service executable.
> +#

This might be misunderstood that people on the caller side need to do an
if/else switch for what to pass as EXECUTABLE.
Perhaps change to say this should be the absolute path (and give a hint that
with KDEInstallDirs being used this should be then the _FULL variant of the
variable.)
The actual special handling for the Windows case could be mentioned as a note
only, for the curious user.

> ECMGenerateDBusServiceFile.cmake:24
> +#
> +# Optionally, a ``<systemd service>`` can be specified.
> +#

This leaves me puzzled what values are exactly accepted here, should get more
details (and perhaps a separate example).

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29051