I'll jump in too.

I think it's important to mention that Bugzilla is not purely a developer tool:
it's an interface between developers and users. We can't neglect the user
experience in favor of the developer experience. With thoughtful design, we
should be able to handle both without compromising either.

These appear to be the concerns:
- Some users interpret "UNCONFIRMED" to mean "KDE doesn't care and the
developers hate me!"
- Some KDE developers want the possibility of a more granular bug triaging
workflow ("nobody's looked at it" -> "somebody looked at it but couldn't
reproduce it yet" -> and "somebody looked at it and was able to reproduce it".

I can see the value in these statuses. Maybe we can support them while also
using terminology that doesn't unnecessarily upset or confuse our users. How
about this mapping:

OPEN -> Nobody's looked at it yet
TRIAGED -> Somebody looked at it but couldn't reproduce it yet
CONFIRMED -> Somebody looked at it and was able to reproduce it

None of these proposed "open" statuses--or for that matter any of the existing
"open" statuses--make sense for wishlist bugs. Wishes don't need to be
confirmed, triaged, new, etc. Could we also just have a single OPEN status for
wishlist bugs?

Nate

---- On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:10:00 -0700 tetris4<tetr...@gmail.com> wrote ----