On 02.07.19 23:11, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El dimarts, 2 de juliol de 2019, a les 14:55:41 CEST, Luigi Toscano va escriure:
Hi,

one of the main point of the gitlab migration has been so far the replacement
for phabricator. We didn't discuss about bug tracking.

Despite this, I've seen a few projects using issues as replacement for bugzilla.

We can all debate which is better, whether bugzilla or the gitlab issues, but
please consider that:

- having to ways to report a bug makes like of everyone more complicated for
users reporting bug who need to find the proper place, and for bug triager

- drkonqi still continue to report to bugzilla. Future versions of drkonqi can
be fixed to support the new system and we would need also a proxy for older
versions of drkonqi, but until such thing exist, a migration is out of question.

My suggestion right now is to disable issues completely, or if they need to be
enable to allow us to replace phabricator tasks, then to reduce their scope to
this.

Having used gitlab issues quiet a lot in the last months for Kdenlive, I think it would be sad to completely disable them. Making them accessible to project members/developers only seems like a good compromise.

I like to use them as a development coordination tool, and for us it's a good replacement for phabricator's boards. I also find them more intuitive to use than phabricator, referencing an issue in a commit is as simple as putting #issue_number, while I never manage to reference or close phabricator tasks/diffs from commit messages despite checking the online doc (but that's probably my fault so not a real argument)...

Having the possibility to attach tasks to milestones is also a nice feature.

So +1 for developer only if this has to change.

Thanks, Jean-Baptiste