Hey Ben,

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 11:58 AM Ben Cooksley <bcooks...@kde.org> wrote:

> Good evening all,
>
> Currently we're in the situation where the software we use to run
> notes.kde.org is both difficult to maintain, as well as support (for
> things like document confidentiality for various groups within KDE).
>
> We'd therefore like to retire the service, replacing it with the
> Realtime Text Editor within Nextcloud (share.kde.org). Internally this
> editor uses Markdown.
>
> You can find a demo of this at https://share.kde.org/s/gtFcRmwetRKqTZJ
> (no login required)
>
> It would be appreciated if everyone could please test the realtime
> text editor and let us know if they encounter any issues.
>
> In terms of feature differences, we are aware that
> highlighting/authorship information won't be retained by the new
> editor, and there can occasionally be problems when editing the same
> line with someone else simultaneously.
>
> If everyone is okay with this we'd like to go ahead with shutting down
> notes.kde.org as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin

I noticed that most every BoF at Akademy this year used notes to link the
BoF notes. Will all these notes be just disappeared? If so, that is really
unfortunate. There is a reason many of us continue to use notes. One can
see who typed what, one can see the history of the doc - and other points
mentioned on https://share.kde.org/s/gtFcRmwetRKqTZJ.

::sigh::

Valorie
--