Hi,

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 13:07, Luigi Toscano <luigi.tosc...@tiscali.it>
wrote:

> Please note that, given that Polish has declensions, a patch from a native
> speaker was needed (a simple search wouldn't have worked). A patch was
> provided two days ago only.

I noticed that on the bug report. I also noticed that there were real
usability bugs stemming from the use of the "more correct" term, if I may
say so. So great, now that we have a patch let's merge it!

I simply cannot comment on which word is more appropriate. All I see are
the following:

1. We switched to using a word that isn't used by any other computer
software in regular usage.
2. This caused people to get confused, including causing people to misclick
buttons and lose work (they thought the button was for saving).

Whichever word is more correct notwithstanding, one of them is an industry
standard, and use of the other word causes people real problems.

KDE is also not the place to teach people the finer differences between
almost-synonyms. Native speakers who also actually use software in Polish
can have this argument amongst themselves, and once they have a clear
decision (with or without support from the CWG as requested), they can
change this word. For the time being, without there being clear consensus,
we should be sticking to the industry standard.

Thanks,
Boudhayan