dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  Ah I guess it's faster because QMimeData skips the encoding/decoding via
QByteArray when both drag and drop are in the same process? That's not
something we can do ourselves (for the "kde uri list" mimetype), unless we call
the protected QMimeData::retrieveData, I guess. Hmm.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kurlmimedata.cpp:76
>      if (ba.isEmpty()) {
>          ba = mimeData->data(QString::fromLatin1(secondMimeType));
> +        // If extracting uris from test/uri-list, use the much faster
> QMimeData method urls()

But then why call this at all, if you don't need the bytearray?
Just make it

  if (mimeData->hasUrls())

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons