astippich added a comment.

  In D15829#333799 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15829#333799>, @safaalfulaij
wrote:

  > Since the joining between number and format is translatable, that's great.
I meant that if it is kept untranslatable, problems regarding RTL will happen.

  Sorry, I don't understand clearly, will this patch (once all issues are
fixed) solve your problem or not?

INLINE COMMENTS

> safaalfulaij wrote in kformatprivate.cpp:115
> Line 160:
>
>   } else {
>       value /= entry->binaryFactor;
>       prefixString = QString(entry->prefixChar).toUpper();
>
> How this is “Metric”?

The prefixes for the IEC binary prefixes (for e.g. 2^10) are made up by the SI
prefixes plus an "i", see below. But it actually is an SI prefix, to be more
precise.

> safaalfulaij wrote in kformatprivate.cpp:168
> And what about this? //It should never be a puzzle string by the way.//

Overlooked that one. Must this then be something like tr("1%2%).arg(... ...)?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: astippich, bruns, safaalfulaij
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns