astippich added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> safaalfulaij wrote in kformatprivate.cpp:168
> Well, I searched other languages and no one seems to do as Arabic does. We do
> not abbreviate in this case and just write the whole "Mebi.Byte" ("Byte" is
> always written, "M.Byte" > "MB").
> And of course, there is no one solid naming of the units, so adding just one
> letter will not get the right meaning. Adding another dot will make things
> more crowded -> "M.i.Byte" (This is fine in English, but in Arabic it is
> really ugly and means nothing.)

I uploaded a new version, but with what you describe, this will not suffice to
fulfill your needs for IEC binary prefixes (please confirm). For the record, I
haven't seen it anywhere in English that dots are put in between.
I guess a second map with the IEC binary prefixes is required so that one can
translate them separately.

I'm away for the next week, so will continue to work on the patch afterwards.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

To: astippich, bruns, safaalfulaij
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, michaelh, ngraham, bruns