bruns added a comment.

  In D16520#350934 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16520#350934>, @damjang wrote:

  > > but before doing this change the migration agent has to be changed.
  >
  > Can you expand on this what needs to be changed? I'd be happy to do it if
it's in my capability

  There are two possibilities here:

  1. Scrap the migration agent completely, only manual wallet migration.
  2. Use execute + listen for NameOwnerChanged DBUS event instead of using the
current **hackish** D-BUS activation

  Re 1., I would like to get  some feedback first -  #FreeBSD
<https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/freebsd/> is probably the last supported
distribution still shipping KDE4, and only for 2 more months

  Pseudo-Code for 2:

    kwallet4 = QStandardPaths::findExecutable("kwalletd");
    if (kwallet4) {
        QProcess process(kwallet4);
        process.start();
        // wait for
DBusConnectionInterface::serviceRegistered("org.kde.kwalletd") signal
    }

REPOSITORY
  R311 KWallet

To: damjang, #frameworks, cfeck